Thursday, May 28, 2015

It begins!

Marathon training has officially started!   With a couple of blah runs as I get back into the swing of it, but with super awesome new pink shoes!

I choose the pink shoe for a couple of reasons.  Neon pink to remind me 1) to run happy and 2) of my purpose.    Although this is my third marathon, it will be my first as a charity runner.     I will be running for  Girls on the Run Chicago.  I'm nervous.  Not about the running, but about the fundraising aspect.   I've never been good at asking for money.   Actually, I've never really been good at promoting or selling anything.   Also, I've never really felt strongly enough about an organization to try to raise money.   As a professional female in a male dominated corporate environment, I have struggled in my education and in my career.   I am now passionate about helping young women find the confidence they need to excel and succeed in whatever their dreams may be.  GOTR is a perfect fit (but more on that later).

I decided to start this blog to aid in my fundraising effort and to document this new experience and incredible journey.  Hopefully, it will be informative, mildly entertaining and not too snarky.

Today I leave you with the pink power shoes.  Every journey begins with a single step.


Have a dollar to spare?  No amount is too small.  Donate to GOTR here!

No comments:

Post a Comment