Friday, May 29, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I am really looking forward to participating in my first Girls in the Run event tomorrow, the Squeez'd 5k!  I will be paired with a student from Shields Middle School as her running buddy.   This race is the accumulation of the program and is their big event. And as much as I hate princess culture, I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit excited about tiara decorating.  

So all this rain needs to go away!!






At Girls on the Run (GOTR), we believe that running makes you feel good - happy, healthy, and filled with possibility! The Squeez'd Girls on the Run 5k Presented by Mariano's is the perfect opportunity to discover your potential and find out why "Girls on the Run is so much fun!" All runners are welcome to participate in GOTR cheers, face painting and tiara decorating, in addition to a great post-5k festival that features food, activities and sponsor giveaways!
The Squeez'd Girls on the Run 5k Presented by Mariano's is a family-friendly event and fun run. It is open to the public. Girls who are currently participating in the program are already registered for the 5k. All finishers receive “woo hoos!” and the admiration of numerous spectators, but runners are not timed nor are awards given. Everyone who crosses the finish line is a winner!


I'm 1% away from my quarter point in my fundraising goal!!   Help make it happen!!  Donate here!

No comments:

Post a Comment