Monday, June 29, 2015

Still here and still running...

So, I wrote the following post on the plane last Friday and in typically ADD fashion did not remember to post it until today.  oops.   I promise to be back to my regularly scheduled Thursday posts starting this Thursday!  I really think writing and fundraising are both way more difficult that the running part.
...................................................................................................................................................................

I’ve fallen behind my attempt to update at least once a week.  But I’m back!   It’s a busy month of travel causing me to fall behind in both work and personal commitments.   But it has  given  me the opportunity to learn and grow professional and run in many beautiful places. 

First- my fundraising update-   I’m at approximately $500 dollars in donations.   I appreciate everyone who has donated for their generous donations and for helping a cause I truly feel passionate about.    I am 1/3 to my goal of $1500.   Please, please consider donating a few dollars.    I understand we are all mindful of how we spend our money these days and I am truly grateful and appreciative of every donation.

Last Saturday, I really did not want to get out of the bed and run.  I was exhausted from a week of team meetings in New York and was not looking forward to doing it all over again this week in Portland.  All I wanted to do was stay in bed cuddled up to cat and, I suppose, the hubby too.  But he snores and blocks the window breeze, so mostly cat.   The night before I had received a Facebook message from a Girls on the Run coach and fellow CESer letting me know how much my Girls on the Run running buddy enjoyed running with me in the GOTR Squeez’d 5k a last month.   The simple message really gave me the feels and drove home how important this program is to the participants.  The program teaches life lessons, instills confidence and gives girls exposure to positive role models.  The message helped me get out of bed in the morning and get over to Fleet Feet for our group run.
85% of participants receive financial assistance to participate in the program.   Your donations matter!  This program is helping create our future leaders.


I should have taken more pictures, but a couple of weeks ago I had a sort of pilot fundraising party.   Unfortunately, since I don’t watch sports, I had no idea my party coincided with game 5 of the Blackhawks thing.  But I raised $115!!  Thank you Kelly, Mary and Ryan!    I hope to have another little get together soon.


And finally some big running news for me… I’m a now a pacer for the 12:30 Greens!!   Beyond excited to take my running journey in a leadership direction and give back to the community that has helped me grow in so many ways.  Tomorrow is my first day… 8 miles!  Wish me luck that I can actually keep to the pace and  that  I don’t get too excited or too distracted and take off.


As always please use this link to make a tax-deductible donation to Girls on the Run.   I’m in a little bit of a donation rut lately and your donation would really make my day!  Donate here!

No comments:

Post a Comment