Thursday, February 25, 2016

Namibia 3.0

One more on the Chameleon Safari in Namibia!

The fourth day was bittersweet.   I was excited for a final day in this beautiful country but sad to be leaving this fascinating place and some great people.

It began again for me before the sunrise.... I love wandering around in the darkness and silence. I really wished I had brought running clothes.   After breakfast we waved goodbye to Desert Camp and set off to Solitaire to meet the biologists who would take us Cheetah tracking.  Solitaire is a quirky little town that I'm pretty sure only has the 1 gas station/rest stop.   The Cheetah rescue is a 10km square plot of land that is home ot 6 rescue cheetahs.  The cheetahs are too tame to be released into the wild, so they are collared and used for research purposes and for tourism.  We were able to locate 4 on our tour... one charged us, but only because she though we had food.  She retreated once she realize we did not bare chopped meat.   Her teeth are messed up from abuse, so we are useless to her unless we are chopped up on a platter.  I heard she prefers zebra anyway.




Cheetah Tracking


Some rocks on our way back to Windhoek






Our last ride in the truck
Goodbye Namibia!



That's all for Namibia... I highly recommend a visit to this country and I highly recommend Chameleon Safaris! 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment